Bed Bugs: The Biggest Pest Problem Of Our Generation
Bed bugs have been called the biggest pest problem of our generation. A single bug can lay up to 5 eggs a day, and an impregnated bug can lay up to 15 eggs a day. With the ability to multiply so quickly, some sources state that you can have up to 20,000 bed bugs within 9 months and an estimated 1 million bed bugs in a year's time if gone untreated. Bed bugs do not go away on their own. They can survive for up to a year without feeding, so don't wait to call us at 615-671-7900 and schedule a treatment! We have specialized in bed bugs specifically since 2010 and can provide you with the best solution.
Bed Bug Heat Treatment
Our most recommended and requested bed bug extermination method is our one-day, full-service heat treatment. Our process is completely different than other companies claiming to do heat treatments:
- One day. Full service.
- We kill bed bugs and the eggs.
- We bring our own heaters and generator to run the heaters.
- We raise temperatures to 135-140 degrees, which is high enough to kill bed bugs, but not high enough to harm electronics or other items.
- Our technicians are on property during the full treatment time and actively sift the heat through your belongings, which is highly important.
- We are there for a work day's time, you may come home after the treatment.
- You do not need to stay at a hotel overnight or be out of your home for 24 hours.
- Minimal prep work. Items do not need to be laundered, bagged, or possessions thrown out.
- We help you save your furniture, saving you money.
We can provide a supplemental perimeter treatment which maximizes efficiency and provides you with long-term protection. This is highly recommended.
Chemical Only Treatment
We do offer chemical-only treatments, however, chemical treatments are a long-term process. Chemical treatments do not kill the eggs, so you must prepare for multiple bed bug treatments over a series of 2-6 months until all eggs are hatched. Bed bugs have been evolving to be chemically resistant bugs, and we will recommend a bed bug heat treatment if you've had bed bugs for an extensive amount of time.
Chemical treatments are a long-term treatment option, and they require maximum prep work for you as the home owner. All fabric items must be laundered, bagged, and some possessions could be required to be thrown out.
Call ThermalRid at (615) 671-7900